Silicone – nowadays this material in known to everyone, it is present in every field of human activity – from space travels to cooking. Silicone changed our everyday life and it has all the rights to be called the material of the XXI century..
However, what do we know about silicone? What are its features, and most importantly - how much is it safe for us?
Silicone molecule is a chain of silicon-oxygen-silicon. Almost any other chemical elements may attach to this chain in any order. These elements determine how will silicone be in the future – hard as rock, liquid as water, elastic like rubber.
However, the silicone would not be such a unique material, if it only had the capacity to take any form. Main silicone feature - its inertia. It is resistant to the acid-alkaline environment, does not absorb odors and does not emit harmful substances at high temperatures. Therefore, housewives do not need to be afraid of silicone items in the kitchen - it is completely safe.
Exceptional heat resistance of silicone allows using it at temperatures from -60 up to +230 oC. Moreover, temperature changes, even harsh ones, do not affect the quality of the material. It doesn’t heated by contacting hot objects, and doesn’t pass an electric current. Food silicone has no additives that can harm your health. Utensils made from this material are much safer than their metal "colleagues"..
More often we encounter silicone at our kitchen. Modern housewife has different baking or freezing molds, cooking spatulas and brushes, pot holders and trivets.
It is a pleasure to cook with them, the products do not stick, it is easy to wash them, they do not break and do not rust, and thanks to the flexibility and the ability to return to its original appearance, silicone molds are easy to store - you can just roll them up and place them into a closet.
However, despite the simplicity of the material, you need to know some of the rules:
- Newly bought silicone utensils should be washed in warm water and rubbed in the inside with oil; it’s better to use soft sponge for washing.
- Silicone is easily damaged with a sharp object, so do not cut the cake right in the baking mold.
Following these simple rules you can be sure that the utensils made of silicone will serve you for a long time without losing its beneficial properties and not causing harm.
Oursson company mainly uses silicone in the following areas:
- Cooking molds. Silicone molds with leads are ideal for cooking fish, meat, vegetables and deserts without adding oil. Silicone keeps all aromas and makes food soft in a short period. Unique design allows food to cook on steam in its own juice. You can use the molds in ovens, microwaves and store them in the fridge. Folding, they do not occupy much space. A recipe book is included, which will give you ideas so you can enjoy diet meals every day.
- Molds for baking. The soft silicone mold is designed to be used in conventional ovens or microwaves. They are ideal for the preparation of sweet and savory pastries. The natural non-stick material allows you quickly and easily take out the cooked goods.
- Accessories. The outer layer of our accessories is made of silicone - a natural non-stick material. Our silicone accessories can be used when cooking on any kind of material. They withstand temperatures from -20°C to +220°C. We recommend using them when working with silicone molds and cookware with non-stick coating.